The Ingersoll Rand 172LNA1 air needle scaler is well suited to a variety of finishing and surface preparation tasks such as removing rust, paint, and welding splatter. These heavy duty pneumatic needle scalers are often found in shipyards, foundries, and metal fabrication shops.
- Adjustable bayonet style needle housing lock allows for on the fly adjustment without the need for special tools
- Choice of three needle materials allows selection based on the type of material your are working with (shipped standard with steel needles. Beryllium copper, and stainless steel needles sold seperately)
- Rubber coated throttle valve ensures a positive seal
- MIL-S-23492A approved (ships)
- Precision heat treated needles for maximum performance
- One year warranty
- 5,500 blows per minute (BPM)
- Lever throttle activation
- 19-1/8" long steel needles (standard)
- Round needle housing
- 5.3 lb. overall weight
- 13.8" overall length
- Stroke: 0.6"
- Bore: 0.9"
- Air inlet: 1/4"
- Air consumption @ load: 12 CFM
- Recommended air hose size: 5/16"
- Ideal air pressure: 90 PSI