- Precision / air regulators are high precision, multi-stage pressure regulators. The highest degrees of regulation and repeatability are achievable by reacting to downstream pressure fluctuations as small as 0.01 psig (0.07 kPa) above set pressure. Action occurs as downstream pressure is piloted to the control chamber to act on a finely tuned, stainless steel measuring capsule. A continuous bleed of less than 0.08 scfm (0.15 m/hr) works on the pilot diaphragm causing appropriate movement of the supply valve or the relief valve. Movements as small as .0001" (.0025 mm) will cause the main valve to correct to the proper position. Relief flows of up to 10 scfm can be achieved on the high relief model (-100 models). Exhaust is achieved through the exhaust vents located in the side of the body.
- The precision / air regulator controls output pressure with an accuracy of 0.1 percent, and has very low sensitivity to changes in supply pressure and flow
- The regulator has been designed to eliminate the need for any readjustment of the regulated pressure after long “down time.” At start-up, the regulated pressure will return to its output setting
- The regulated pressure is held constant over substantial changes in flow due to the high-gain pneumatic servoamplifier. Particularly good from dead-end to 12 scfm (203.4 m3/hr.)
- The unit may be installed in any position. It can be panel mounted or supported by in-line plumbing