How to Select Your Cleco Nutrunner...
Cleco offers over 500 varieties of nutrunners most of which can be equipped with different final drive options (hex, crow's foot, Keller wrench, etc.). This in turn generates over 3,000 different nutrunner combinations, allowing the exact tool to be built according to the needs of a specific application.
Before selelecting a tool for any assembly application, the following factors should be taken into consideration:
- Operator ergonomics involved with the process (man | tool | task relationship)
- Torque and speed requirements
- Accessibility to the fastener (resticted area or open space)
- Joint variations (soft vs. hard)
- Operator experience level and ability
- Air supply to the production line
The Clecomatic Clutch...
Clecomatic nutrunners shut off the instant the clutch reaches its adjustable preset torque. This method provides an accurate means of controlling torque without sacrificing tool speed.
Stall nutrunners consist of an air motor connected to the output spindle by planetary gearing and angle heads. During operation, the tool runs down the fastener until the torque resistance of the fastener overcomes the driving force of the air motor, causing the tool to "stall". At this point the operator releases the lever and removes the tool from the fastener. Stall tools can be accurate especially in applications with varying torque values. However, torque output can also be influenced by over zealous operators and fluctuations in arline pressure.
Features of Cleco Nutrunners:
- Optional air signal connection for assembly line automation integration.
- Bell shaped housing improves ergonomics and prevents slippage.
- Large cavity for muffling material results in quiet operation without affecting performance.
- Torque range and RPM speed laser etched on body of tool for ease of identification.
- Short stroke shut off valve, cuts off air flow in milliseconds once the tool has arrived at its pre-set torque.
- Low inertia air motor provides more usable power in a smaller package.
- Hardened steel bearing plates assure longer life, resist wear.
- Highly visible indexed reverse ring for ease of operation.
- "Jeweled" bearings fully support clutch assembly for longer service life.
- Improved computer designed Clecomatic clutch delivers longer service life with reduced torque degradation due to wear.
- Externally adjustable clutch with a straight slot screwdriver. Convenient access slot allows view of setting.
- Nutrunner is easily assembled and disassembled with a standard spanner wrench.
- Low profile splined angle head allows simplified orientation of angle head to throttle.
- Precsion machined bevel gears and angle head eliminates shims for easy maintenance and longer gear life.
- Zerk fitting style access plug simplifies angle head lubrication.
- Polymer coated angle head is durable and reduces in system damage.
The Cleco Right Angle Solution...
Cleco 19, 24, and 34 Series pneumatic nutrunners are the most recent additions to Apex Tool Group's line of smaller, lighter, and faster tools. These powerful right angle clutch tools cover a wide torque range from .5 to 68 NM. Cleco continues to offer best in class power to weight ratios when compared to similar tools on the market. They are also designed to reduce energy costs and require fewer service parts at less frequent intervals than other brands.
Cleco 19, 24, and 34 series right angle nutrunners incorporate an innovative motor design that provides more usable power in a smaller package. This aids in accomplishing the goal of "lighter, faster, and more powerful" while maintaining the highest in class weight to power ratio.
Cleco nutrunners feature an externally adjusted and indicated clutch. For improved ergonomics, the handle area is coated with a soft, comfortable grip to improve worker morale. Polymer coated angle heads reduce in system damage and are splined to allow better indexing and positioning. Operators appreciate the quietness of the tool thanks to a composite exhaust deflector which allows the exhaust to be piped away. All these improvements are geared toward enhancing the tools positive operational features while reducing operator fatigue.
The Cleco motor design combined with an improved Clecomatic clutch provides capability ratios that meet or exceed global standards. Cleco tools are backed by a ISO 5393 certification.
There are no products listed under this category.