Known for their high quality standards, PFERD Abrasive jump-started the widespread growth trend of stainless steel products more than 10 years earlier in the European market. PFERD Burs & Hole Saws are internationally known for highest possible levels of concentricity and consistency.
- If possible, mount burs on high-powered drives with elastically mounted spindles to avoid vibration.
- For cost-effective use of burs with a shank diameter > 1/4”, a power tool output of 300–500 watts is required when used at a higher rotational speed and peripheral speed.
- Use the highest rotational speed possible within the recommended rotational speed and peripheral speed ranges.
- For applications with low stock removal (deburring, chamfering, minor work on surfaces), the rotational speed can be increased by up to 100% (this excludes extended shank burs).
- Use only rigid clamping systems and power tools as impacts on the burs and bur chatter lead to premature wear.
- The bur surface in contact with the workpiece must not exceed 1/3 of the total bur surface. Failure to comply with this recommendation will result in rough milling behaviour and possibly in broken teeth. If this cannot be avoided, we recommend using the TOUGH cut.
- In general, burs are used counterrotationally or with a swinging motion. To achieve finer finishes, pass the bur rapidly over the workpiece in the direction of rotation.
For help choosing the correct Abrasive for your application, please call (800) 608-5210 or email email@example.com
There are no products listed under this category.